1. PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
· We don't share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
· We don't send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
· We offer email anonymization & relay, to reduce 3rd party harvesting & spam.
· Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
· Forums use basic webserver authentication. Close your browser to log out.
· reCrib, or people who post on reCrib, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
2. DATA WE COLLECT
We sometimes collect your email address, for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, registering for forums, etc.
We sometimes collect your phone number for account authentication purposes, and may transmit it to a third party service for tele-robotic verification.
reCrib does not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our classifieds or interactive forums, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on reCrib's forums or classifieds that you expect to keep private.
Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the reCrib site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
3. DATA WE STORE
All classified and forum postings are stored in our database, even after "deletion," and may be archived elsewhere.
Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
4. Archiving and display of reCrib postings by search engines and other sites
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with reCrib - including archive.org, google.com, and groups.yahoo.com - may archive or otherwise make available reCrib postings.
5. Circumstances in which reCrib may release information
reCrib may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
6. INTERNATIONAL USERS
By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of reCrib we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.